While this year's challenging circumstances would not permit the traditional in person poster session, we are experimenting with an online poster session to facilitate the exchange between SSI participants. All participants are encouraged to submit posters to present their own research during the Institute. Topics for the poster session are not limited to the current year theme of the Institute. Some potential poster session windows during the two weeks are offered in the abstract submission process and authors should select all windows compatible with your schedule to allow us to consolidate the actual sessions to a few of these selected windows to optimize the attendance. Each accepted abstract will be assigned to one of these sessions. Each session will be implemented as a set of ZOOM breakout rooms. The main ZOOM room will be playing the collection of short 2min talks in the form of a pre-recorded video from each poster author assigned to that day, as a guide for the attendants to target the interested breakout rooms to visit the individual authors.
Poster abstract submission should follow the Call-for-proposal page on SLAC Indico. Abstract submuission requires a SLAC Indico account. Those with SLAC computing account can just use your SLAC login (LDAP) for Indcio account. For those without either account, you can create a SLAC Indico account with a simple registration/approval process. Deadline for poster abstract submission is Aug 2, 2021. There are three components needed in your poster submission:
- Abstract submission: This should be as early as possible with just a text abstract in the Indico submission web form. Upon entering the author list, you need to click the "Speaker" box to confirm you are both submitter and speaker. You need to select at least one of the sessions in the Track list to ensure the assigned session is a day that works for you. You will receive an immediate acknowledge to indicate your abstract is being reviewed and hopefully a confirmation soon after that for acceptance. The sesssion assignments will be announced on the SSI web page shortly after Aug/2/2021.
- Poster submission: This you need to submit by Aug/2/2021. Once you have submitted an abstract, the Call-for-proposal page will display the link to your abstract at the bottom when you are logged in to SLAC Indico. You can click on the abstract and update it any time with the small pencil sign at the top right menu. The poster file should be a PDF file you can upload as an attachment. We are not dictating the exact format of the poster and it should just be whatever you consider the best form to display during the online conversations. However, it is advised to be no more than a few pages for concise conversations. It's best that your poster contains your contact information so that interested audience not at the session can also browse the material and ask questions to you online.
- Presentation video submission: This is optional and also need to be submitted by Aug/2/2021. Similar to the poster submission you can go back to the Call-for-proposal page to update your abstract by adding a line with text "Presentation video" at the bottom of the abstract and link the text (using the link clip sign in the web form editor) to the URL of the video you uploaded to YouTube or ZOOM. The presentation video will give many more participants a chance to see you at a time work for them and allow an efficient parade of the short talks as a collection without speaker exchage glitches. The presentation video can be in any YouTube compliant format, and up to two minutes long. Zoom recording is a convenient way to make the video. Presenters are encouraged but not required to appear in the video. A sample video on the poster session can be found here. Presenters will have the choice of keeping their video as public content, or have it removed at the end of SSI. Some Useful tutorials and instructions for making videos:
- Zoom Recording: [Local recording], [Cloud recording]
- Video Editing: [iMovie], [YouTube]
Please contact us in case of questions on the posters